Creating a new project on a remote server

rr

Environment:
Development PC: W2K Professional
WebServer: W2K Server, IIS 5.0
Peer-to-Peer network

I'd like to create a new asp.net project on a remote server (not on the
local (development) machine. I have looked for info on how to do this, but
all I can find are instructions on how to create on localhost, then deploy
later to remote machine.

I have tried setting up a new poroject on the remote server, but I keep
running into security problems.

Thanks.

Rino

Rob Taylor

Is the user account that you use to create the project on your local machine
enabled on the remote server, with the adequate permissions. I.e. if you use
a domain account to create the project, is the same domain account enabled
on the server. If not, then I would expect that the attempts to create the
project would fail.

I have the same permissions for the domain account on both my local dev
system, as well as the server I use.

Rob