Creating a new project on a remote server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by rr, Aug 4, 2003.

  1. rr

    rr Guest

    Environment:
    Development PC: W2K Professional
    WebServer: W2K Server, IIS 5.0
    Peer-to-Peer network

    I'd like to create a new asp.net project on a remote server (not on the
    local (development) machine. I have looked for info on how to do this, but
    all I can find are instructions on how to create on localhost, then deploy
    later to remote machine.

    I have tried setting up a new poroject on the remote server, but I keep
    running into security problems.

    Thanks.

    Rino

    rr, Aug 4, 2003

  2. rr

    Rob Taylor Guest

    Is the user account that you use to create the project on your local machine
    enabled on the remote server, with the adequate permissions. I.e. if you use
    a domain account to create the project, is the same domain account enabled
    on the server. If not, then I would expect that the attempts to create the
    project would fail.

    I have the same permissions for the domain account on both my local dev
    system, as well as the server I use.

    Rob

    Rob Taylor, Aug 5, 2003