Creating a numeric ID Attribute

Victor Engmark

Hello all,

I'm working on an XML Schema to define the rules for valid data to
import into a database. However, it seems that the datatype xs:ID
requires a _letter_ as the first character, and my IDs are numeric.

Is there any other standard XML Schema datatype which has the same
restrictions as xs:ID, without the restriction on the first letter? If
not, how can I create such a datatype?

Stan Kitsis [MSFT]

Hi Victor,

Depending on what you are trying to achieve, you might be able to use
xs:unique/xs:key/xs:keref to enforce uniqueness.

--
Stan Kitsis
Program Manager, XML Technologies