    the app that expires after a full year of usage. Any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Mark

    SouthSpawn, Oct 26, 2004

  2. SouthSpawn

    /_\\/- Guest

    Have the year from today date go through some algorithm (that can be
    reversed) that will append the date to the product key.
    10/26/2005 -> algorithm -> A#$DVDGF

    Program reads
    A#$DVDGF -> reverse algorithm -> 10/26/2005

    /_\\/-, Oct 26, 2004

  3. SouthSpawn

    SouthSpawn Guest

    I kind of want to stay away from algorithms, because they can get cracked.
    That's why so many software packages these days are being cracked, because
    someone figures out the algorithm.

    Mark

    SouthSpawn, Oct 26, 2004
  4. SouthSpawn

    Sahil Malik Guest

    Nope .. the idea is - make your algorithm public and keep the key secret.
    The more people look at the algorithm, the more bullet proof it will be.

    - Sahil Malik
    http://dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/sahilmalik
    Please reply to the newsgroups instead of email so everyone can benefit from
    your reply.

    Sahil Malik, Oct 26, 2004