    From: Raghu Dongur

    -----------------------

    <Id>+SHg4rMWrE2MBVu6JhL37Q==</Id>

    Raghu Dongur via .NET 247, Jun 7, 2004

  2. --------------------
    >From: Raghu Dongur via .NET 247 <>
    >Subject: creating a proxy class for web service
    >Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 07:58:52 -0700
    >
    >hi,
    >I'm trying to create a proxy class in my asp.net project for a web service.
    >but,i have problem adding a web reference to my asp.net project through a wsdl file.
    >as below:
    >project--->add web reference--->http://localhost/WFM/test.wsdl
    >
    >The problem is it doesn't create source file.
    >I get an error message as:
    >Custom tool warning: DiscoCodeGenerator unable to initialize code generator. No code generated.
    >
    >I tried executing WSDL.EXE from command prompt with WSDL file as input.
    >But it fails to create class file with an error message.
    >warning: no classes were generated.
    >
    >please can some one help me as to find out what am i missing?
    >
    >thanks
    >--------------------------------
    >From: Raghu Dongur
    >
    >-----------------------
    >Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/)
    >
    ><Id>+SHg4rMWrE2MBVu6JhL37Q==</Id>

    Hi Raghu,

    Check to see that the wsdl has enough definitions to create a proxy. It should have
    · Types- a container for data type definitions using some type system (such as XSD).
    · Message- an abstract, typed definition of the data being communicated.
    · Operation- an abstract description of an action supported by the service.
    · Port Type-an abstract set of operations supported by one or more endpoints.
    · Binding- a concrete protocol and data format specification for a particular port type.
    · Port- a single endpoint defined as a combination of a binding and a network address.
    · Service- a collection of related endpoints

    Hope that helps,

    Michelle

    ***Disclaimer: This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.***

    Michelle Hlaing, Feb 28, 2005