Creating a reply to an email message using html

Harry Bellafonte

Hi

I am trying to do the following. I want to send an email to a user
that has Outlook mail. In that mail I want to create 2 link/button
which by clicking on it will cause the following:
- Create a reply memo for the opened email
- In the reply memo the subject is present with RE: infront of the
subject and after the subject NO for button1/link1 and YES for button2/
link2
- In the reply memo the body of the original email is present

Is this possible using a html button or link? I know the mailto
function. I can send it in a mail to the user, but this will open a
new memo and I want to open a reply memo.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

rf

Harry said:
Hi

I am trying to do the following. I want to send an email to a user
that has Outlook mail. In that mail I want to create 2 link/button
which by clicking on it will cause the following:
- Create a reply memo for the opened email
- In the reply memo the subject is present with RE: infront of the
subject and after the subject NO for button1/link1 and YES for
button2/ link2
- In the reply memo the body of the original email is present

Is this possible using a html button or link? I know the mailto
function. I can send it in a mail to the user, but this will open a
new memo and I want to open a reply memo.

Any help will be appreciated.

What happened when you asked in an Outlook newsgroup?

Harry Bellafonte

What happened when you asked in an Outlook newsgroup?

Hi

To be honest I have not posted the question yet there. I thought this
is a pure html question. thats why I posted it here first.

Regards

Jonathan N. Little

Harry said:
Hi

To be honest I have not posted the question yet there. I thought this
is a pure html question. thats why I posted it here first.

What happens if...

A) They do not have Outlook?
B) Have text-only email?
C) Don't have an email client at all?

You do realize that email clients do not fully support|implement|render
all of HTML|CSS|JavaScript as web browsers.... especially Outlook

Better to just provide a link to an online webpage with a form to handle
what you wish.

Jan C. Faerber

Hi

To be honest I have not posted the question yet there. I thought this
is a pure html question. thats why I posted it here first.

Regards

And what is the difference between a memo, a new memo and a reply
memo?
What is a memo?

Doesn't it work like this:

Hi You,
Please press
%0D%0A%0D%0APlease%20press%20YES%20or%20NO%20!">YES</a>
or
%0D%0A%0D%0APlease%20press%20YES%20or%20NO%20!">NO</a>

Harry Bellafonte

What happens if...

A) They do not have Outlook?
B) Have text-only email?
C) Don't have an email client at all?

You do realize that email clients do not fully support|implement|render
all of HTML|CSS|JavaScript as web browsers.... especially Outlook

Better to just provide a link to an online webpage with a form to handle
what you wish.

Hi

The emails with the 2 buttons/links will only be sent to users with
Outlook mail. It is a special froup of people that will make use of
this function. So they will allways have an Outlook mailaccount. If
they have text-only mail set then they have to change it in order to
receive the email from me.

Regards

Harry Bellafonte

And what is the difference between a memo, a new memo and a reply
memo?
What is a memo?

Doesn't it work like this:

Hi You,
Please press
%0D%0A%0D%0APlease%20press%20YES%20or%20NO%20!">YES</a>
or
%0D%0A%0D%0APlease%20press%20YES%20or%20NO%20!">NO</a>- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Hi

I am not a goroe. But I think the main difference between a reply and
a memo or new memo is that the reply has the body of the original memo
in the body. Where the memo or new memo has an empty body.

Regards

Jan C. Faerber

Hi

I am not a goroe. But I think the main difference between a reply and
a memo or new memo is that the reply has the body of the original memo
in the body. Where the memo or new memo has an empty body.

Regards

So what?

Now you want the previous message in the body
or should it be empty?
Or you want a correct MIME and source generated Outlook mail
with the previous text inserted automatically?
I only ask - because it seems as if you want to get advise for macro
programming in outlook.
Or you need buttons with the same function of the reply button
on an opened email in outlook inside the source code of the email
so you don't see any difference between a reply generated by pressing
the reply button and a reply using mailto:..@....?body=...?subject=...
Or you fear that would increase the size of your message?
Or are you focused on some simple solution?
But I am sorry - I don't have any experience in generating emails
automatically.

So - just to stop worring you:
I will delete your email in my spam server (0;
because it seems as if you do really your best
and deserve not any disturbance in your mind.
That is the advantage when one send spam
manually like in the good old days.
The new US law even define SPAM
now when you sent one single email
to a big amount of receivers with outlook or any other mailing
programm.

Raymond Schmit

Hi

The emails with the 2 buttons/links will only be sent to users with
Outlook mail. It is a special froup of people that will make use of
this function. So they will allways have an Outlook mailaccount. If
they have text-only mail set then they have to change it in order to
receive the email from me.

Regards

If you force me to use Outlook, i stop immediately any contact with
you.

In fact you are trying to code in html/php the send of a mail in an
Oulook format that will execute some code on the receiving pc running
Outlook to prepare a reply. This is a too difficult job - please try
another approach.

Harry Bellafonte

[...]

programm.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Hi

You are right. What I actually want is the same functionality as the
reply button. That is I need the body of the original email, the
subject of the original email (with axtra addition "Yes" or "No"), and
the emailaddress of the sender in the To field.

Regards

Raymond Schmit

Hi

You are right. What I actually want is the same functionality as the
reply button. That is I need the body of the original email, the
subject of the original email (with axtra addition "Yes" or "No"), and
the emailaddress of the sender in the To field.
Nice dream .... :)