Creating a Scrollable Multi-Column List

Nathan Sokalski

I am looking to create a multi-column list that is scrollable, kind of like
a ListBox control, only I need a way to align the columns of text that I
will have (I would use spaces, but because the ListBox normally uses a
variable-width font, that would not work). Is there a control like the
DataList (a control that uses templates and databinding) that displays the
items in a scrollable manner? One idea that I had, although it sounds rather
inefficient to me if it works, would be to place a DataList inside a Panel,
and then let the user do the scrolling using the Panel's scrollbar. Anyone
have any suggestions? Thanks.

Aidy

Yes, I'd have the column headings static, then a scrollable div (rendered by
using an asp:panel) with the content underneath.

Guest

Hi Nathan,
I assume you have to use panel (as you already tryed) or div with style
overflow:scroll.

Regards,
Ladislav