    bunch of HTML tutorials online today, but couldn't find anything like
    this. Any suggestions? Thanks.

    Ken
    The Litwaks, Jan 13, 2005

  2. The Litwaks

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, The Litwaks <> said:

    > I want to create a table (actually modify an existing table) such
    > that the table header row remains fixed in its position near the top of
    > the screen, while the variable number of rows that get built on the fly
    > from the database below appear in a scrollable window.

    Someone asked the same question just the other day. Basically, it is
    quite easy to do. Except IE doesn't support it. It may be possible to
    hack your way around IE's inadequacies; check the archives of the group.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Jan 13, 2005

  3. The Litwaks

    Karl Core Guest

    "The Litwaks" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to create a table (actually modify an existing table) such that
    > the table header row remains fixed in its position near the top of the
    > screen, while the variable number of rows that get built on the fly from
    > the database below appear in a scrollable window. I looked at a bunch of
    > HTML tutorials online today, but couldn't find anything like this. Any
    > suggestions? Thanks.

    GEE, NOBODY'S ASKED THIS QUESTION LATELY!

    --
    -Karl Core
    Please Support "Project Boneyard":
    Karl Core, Jan 13, 2005
  4. The Litwaks

    The Litwaks Guest

    Karl Core wrote:
    > "The Litwaks" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >> I want to create a table (actually modify an existing table) such that
    >>the table header row remains fixed in its position near the top of the
    >>screen, while the variable number of rows that get built on the fly from
    >>the database below appear in a scrollable window. I looked at a bunch of
    >>HTML tutorials online today, but couldn't find anything like this. Any
    >>suggestions? Thanks.

    > GEE, NOBODY'S ASKED THIS QUESTION LATELY!

    Two points. First, I just subscribed to the newsgroup tonight. How
    would I know this? Second, I just looked through the message headers
    that I got downloaded by Netscape. There's nothing that looks like what
    I'm after.
    The Litwaks, Jan 13, 2005
  5. The Litwaks

    > Karl Core wrote:
    >> "The Litwaks" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I want to create a table (actually modify an existing table) such that
    >>> the table header row remains fixed in its position near the top of the
    >>> screen, while the variable number of rows that get built on the fly from
    >>> the database below appear in a scrollable window. I looked at a bunch
    >>> of HTML tutorials online today, but couldn't find anything like this.
    >>> Any suggestions? Thanks.

    >> GEE, NOBODY'S ASKED THIS QUESTION LATELY!
    >>

    > Two points. First, I just subscribed to the newsgroup tonight. How would
    > I know this? Second, I just looked through the message headers that I got
    > downloaded by Netscape. There's nothing that looks like what I'm after.

    Keep looking, genius. It was asked two days ago (or less)

    Karl Core, Jan 13, 2005
  6. The Litwaks

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle The Litwaks scribbled in the mud:

    > Two points. First, I just subscribed to the newsgroup tonight. How
    > would I know this? Second, I just looked through the message headers
    > that I got downloaded by Netscape. There's nothing that looks like what
    > I'm after.

    Look for the subject "vertical scroll inside table ?"
    http://tinyurl.com/6hmxs

    Mr. Core is a bit pissed about a bit of flameing that's been going on here
    and seams a bit on edge right now. He is one of the best in the group when it
    comes to knowing this stuff.

    p.s.
    I think I'm one of the persons he's pissed at.

    --
    D?
    http://wipkip.biz just to raise my PR
    Duende, Jan 13, 2005
  7. The Litwaks wrote:
    >> GEE, NOBODY'S ASKED THIS QUESTION LATELY!

    > Two points. First, I just subscribed to the newsgroup tonight. How
    > would I know this?

    Google

    > Second, I just looked through the message headers
    > that I got downloaded by Netscape. There's nothing that looks like what
    > I'm after.

    Google

    --
    -=tn=-
    Travis Newbury, Jan 13, 2005
  8. The Litwaks

    Richard Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to create a table (actually modify an existing table) such
    > that the table header row remains fixed in its position near the top of
    > the screen, while the variable number of rows that get built on the fly
    > from the database below appear in a scrollable window. I looked at a
    > bunch of HTML tutorials online today, but couldn't find anything like
    > this. Any suggestions? Thanks.

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group...7&as_maxd=31&as_maxm=12&as_maxy=2004&safe=off

    When it comes to this sort of thing, brucie is the master.
    I'm sure you'll find plenty of his samples to give you an answer.

    He once posted a captioned scrolling table thing that worked in IE.
    Captions on both top and bottom.
    So it can be done.
    Richard, Jan 13, 2005
  9. Richard wrote:
    > He once posted a captioned scrolling table thing that worked in IE.
    > Captions on both top and bottom.
    > So it can be done.

    A little off topic, but important none the less. With so many people
    now adding the X-archive to their header (like brucie, and a few others
    here). What use is this forum, and searching groups in Google, going
    to be in a year?
    7 days after the post,it is not searchable anymore.

    --
    -=tn=-
    Travis Newbury, Jan 13, 2005
  10. The Litwaks

    Richard Guest

    "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in message
    > Richard wrote:
    > > He once posted a captioned scrolling table thing that worked in IE.
    > > Captions on both top and bottom.
    > > So it can be done.

    > A little off topic, but important none the less. With so many people
    > now adding the X-archive to their header (like brucie, and a few others
    > here). What use is this forum, and searching groups in Google, going
    > to be in a year?
    > 7 days after the post,it is not searchable anymore.

    Because the vast majority of posters do not how to utilize XNA, let alone
    even know what it is.
    In my search, I found the very first topic, quite old, was one in which
    brucie replied and his post was intact.
    As many posters ues OE, it is cumbersome to add the header, yes it can be
    done.
    That is why I use the fidolook plug in because it is done automatically with
    each post.

    What you do not understand is, only the post that contained the XNA will not
    be shown.
    If someone replied to that post without XNA, it will be shown in the entire
    thread.
    Richard, Jan 13, 2005
  11. Richard wrote:
    > What you do not understand is, only the post that contained the XNA

    will not
    > be shown.
    > If someone replied to that post without XNA, it will be shown in the

    entire
    > thread.

    Uh, are you sure? If I QUOTE the message it is there in my quote. But
    the original post is gone.

    --
    -=tn=-
    Travis Newbury, Jan 13, 2005