    Is there a way to deploy the reports with a setup file to a report server?

    Thanks in advance for any comments
    Duncan

    Duncan Dimech, May 5, 2008

  2. Duncan Dimech

    Norman Yuan Guest

    I think you can use RS's web services API to load the report definitions
    (*.rdl) into the reporting services' meta database. In the RS's web services
    API, the method is called "CreateReport()".

    So, you actually need to build an small WIn form app to call the RS's web
    services to load your existing reports (in the format of *.rdl) into RS.
    Then you incoporate the app into your Installation Package to run run during
    installation.

    Norman Yuan, May 6, 2008