Creating a Simple Table

temujin

Dear Group,
I´m trying to create a simple table in HTML. With this basic code,
the result is a table with each cell having a frame around it,
separation between to adjacent cells are thus 2 solid lines as each
cell has a frame around it and a lot of space wasted.
Is there any way to avoid this, i.e. to get a simple table with only
one line element between each cell?

<TABLE WIDTH="100%" BORDER=1 RULES=ROWS CELLPADDING=0>
<TR>
<TD> some text</TD>
<TD> some text</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>

regards
temu

dorayme

temujin said:
Dear Group,
I´m trying to create a simple table in HTML. With this basic code,
the result is a table with each cell having a frame around it,
separation between to adjacent cells are thus 2 solid lines as each
cell has a frame around it and a lot of space wasted.
Is there any way to avoid this, i.e. to get a simple table with only
one line element between each cell?

<TABLE WIDTH="100%" BORDER=1 RULES=ROWS CELLPADDING=0>
<TR>
<TD> some text</TD>
<TD> some text</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>

You can add cellspacing="0" to your little story in the table tag
to get just a "single" border. Others will soon be informing you,
rightly, how to do it in css. I can see them coming in a big rush
and I am scared and have to go before I get knocked down.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed dorayme
You can add cellspacing="0" to your little story in the table tag
to get just a "single" border. Others will soon be informing you,
rightly, how to do it in css.

table {border-collapse: collapse}
td {border:1px solid #c0c0c0;}
I can see them coming in a big rush
and I am scared and have to go before I get knocked down.

No need to rush off, I would never knock you down.

dorayme

Adrienne Boswell said:
Gazing into my crystal ball I observed dorayme

No need to rush off, I would never knock you down.

You would not mean to, but with a big enough crowd rushing past
me, I am easily bowled over. Collateral damage it would be for
sure. I have to get in quick, talk fast and bolt back into my pad
or I am done for. <g>