    </TABLE>

    regards
    temu

    temujin, May 10, 2007

  2. temujin

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    temujin <> wrote:

    > Dear Group,
    > I´m trying to create a simple table in HTML. With this basic code,
    > the result is a table with each cell having a frame around it,
    > separation between to adjacent cells are thus 2 solid lines as each
    > cell has a frame around it and a lot of space wasted.
    > Is there any way to avoid this, i.e. to get a simple table with only
    > one line element between each cell?
    >
    > <TABLE WIDTH="100%" BORDER=1 RULES=ROWS CELLPADDING=0>
    > <TR>
    > <TD> some text</TD>
    > <TD> some text</TD>
    > </TR>
    > </TABLE>

    You can add cellspacing="0" to your little story in the table tag
    to get just a "single" border. Others will soon be informing you,
    rightly, how to do it in css. I can see them coming in a big rush
    and I am scared and have to go before I get knocked down.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 10, 2007

  3. temujin

    temujin Guest

    that simple!
    thanks

    temujin, May 10, 2007
  4. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed dorayme
    <> writing in news:doraymeRidThis-
    :

    > In article
    ><>,
    > temujin <> wrote:
    >
    >> Dear Group,
    >> I´m trying to create a simple table in HTML. With this basic code,
    >> the result is a table with each cell having a frame around it,
    >> separation between to adjacent cells are thus 2 solid lines as each
    >> cell has a frame around it and a lot of space wasted.
    >> Is there any way to avoid this, i.e. to get a simple table with only
    >> one line element between each cell?
    >>
    >> <TABLE WIDTH="100%" BORDER=1 RULES=ROWS CELLPADDING=0>
    >> <TR>
    >> <TD> some text</TD>
    >> <TD> some text</TD>
    >> </TR>
    >> </TABLE>
    >>

    > You can add cellspacing="0" to your little story in the table tag
    > to get just a "single" border. Others will soon be informing you,
    > rightly, how to do it in css.

    table {border-collapse: collapse}
    td {border:1px solid #c0c0c0;}

    > I can see them coming in a big rush
    > and I am scared and have to go before I get knocked down.

    No need to rush off, I would never knock you down.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, May 10, 2007
  5. temujin

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Xns992CCB71A76Carbpenyahoocom@69.28.186.121>,
    Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:

    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed dorayme
    > <> writing in news:doraymeRidThis-
    > :
    >
    > > I can see them coming in a big rush
    > > and I am scared and have to go before I get knocked down.
    > >

    > No need to rush off, I would never knock you down.

    You would not mean to, but with a big enough crowd rushing past
    me, I am easily bowled over. Collateral damage it would be for
    sure. I have to get in quick, talk fast and bolt back into my pad
    or I am done for. <g>

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 10, 2007