Creating a survey application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jack, Dec 7, 2007.

  1. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Hello All,

    I am new to ASP.NET, and i have a small project in hand. I hope someone can
    kick me in the right direction.

    I have to make a survey application. Data is stored in an sql database as
    following:

    Table: QuestionCategories
    Columns: QuestionCategoryID, QuestionCategoryName

    Table:Questions
    Columns: QuestionID, QuestionCategoryID, Question

    The survey application should look in the QuestionCategories table, and
    display all questions related to one category in one page, next category in
    another and so on... For each question, there will be 9 radio buttons to
    choose from. User should be able to navigate the pages back n forth until he
    has answered all the questions. The last page should save the questions in
    the database upon clicking "finish" button.

    I tried it by creating 2 datasources. CategoriesDS and QuestionsDS.
    Then i created a repeater with CategoriesDS.
    Then i tried to create a nested repeater for Questions related to the
    specific category. But i could not manage to assign the value of
    QeustionCategoryID to the select parameter of QuestionsDS.

    I also tried to use the wizard control, but i am not sure how i can
    dynamically add steps from a datasource, and how can i list the questions
    inside each step related to a category.

    Any ideas will be appriciated.

    Thanks

    Jack
    Jack, Dec 7, 2007

  2. One of these links, returned by a Google search, should help you :

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="survey application" "asp.net" sample

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Dec 7, 2007