    answer to this - at least not on the first couple of hits...

    Best Regards,

    Lars

    Lars Uffmann, Jan 30, 2008

  2. * Lars Uffmann:
    > I managed to find examples about wrapping a class around threads, that
    > were using thread_create(...) - now I cannot find that macro defined
    > anywhere, apparently it expands e.g. to the use of pthread_create (...)
    > on some POSIX-systems, and to _beginthread (...) (???) on Windows
    > systems. But what on earth is the library that has this function /
    > macro? Is that part of the standard c++?
    >
    > Any help appreciated, google really doesn't like to give a sufficient
    > answer to this - at least not on the first couple of hits...

    Forget it, try <url: http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boost/thread.html>.

    Cheers, & hth.,

    - ALf

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

    Alf P. Steinbach, Jan 30, 2008

  3. Lars Uffmann

    Lars Uffmann Guest

    Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
    > Forget it,

    Now THAT was encouraging ;p

    > try <url: http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boost/thread.html>.
    > Cheers, & hth.,

    Well, I guess I'll have to start reading up on what that mysterious
    "boost" library is that you guys keep mentioning and using...

    Ya, I guess that will help.

    Thanks & I'm off for carneval ;)

    Alaaf!

    Lars