creating a thread - which includes?

Lars Uffmann

I managed to find examples about wrapping a class around threads, that
were using thread_create(...) - now I cannot find that macro defined
anywhere, apparently it expands e.g. to the use of pthread_create (...)
on some POSIX-systems, and to _beginthread (...) (???) on Windows
systems. But what on earth is the library that has this function /
macro? Is that part of the standard c++?

Any help appreciated, google really doesn't like to give a sufficient
answer to this - at least not on the first couple of hits...

Best Regards,

Lars

Alf P. Steinbach

* Lars Uffmann:
I managed to find examples about wrapping a class around threads, that
were using thread_create(...) - now I cannot find that macro defined
anywhere, apparently it expands e.g. to the use of pthread_create (...)
on some POSIX-systems, and to _beginthread (...) (???) on Windows
systems. But what on earth is the library that has this function /
macro? Is that part of the standard c++?

Any help appreciated, google really doesn't like to give a sufficient
answer to this - at least not on the first couple of hits...

Forget it, try <url: http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boost/thread.html>.

Cheers, & hth.,

- ALf