creating a user profile for the aspnet user

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Andy Fish, Oct 29, 2004.

  1. Andy Fish

    Andy Fish Guest

    Hi,

    I have an asp.net web app that needs to invoke MS word. I have given the
    ASPNET user the relevant privileges and eveything works fine. However, I
    notice I now have "c:\my documents" and "c:\application data" owned by
    ASPNET which I presume is because it doesn't have it's own user profile.

    Obviously the password is controlled by windows so I can't just login
    interactively and create a profile for this user. Is there any way round it
    or do I just live with these directories being where they are?

    my target platform is win2003 server so I guess the account I'm actually
    concerned about will be "NETWORK SERVICE"

    TIA

    Andy

    Andy Fish, Oct 29, 2004

  2. You would leave them as default (Local Policy): Deny logon locally to ASPNET
    account. Allow both logon as a "service".

    Tom

    Thomas McFarlane, Oct 29, 2004

  3. Andy Fish

    Andy Fish Guest

    sorry, I'm not sure I understand how this would help

    my problem is that I want to create a user profile for this user but I still
    want windows to control the password, so I can't log on interactively to
    create the user profile

    Andy Fish, Nov 1, 2004