Creating a WebForm that can be extended

pantichd

Hello,

I want to create a "base" webform class that will contain a few web
controls. For the sake of this thread let's say I want it to have a textbox
and a label. In the code-behind for this class I want to have some methods
that should be available to all classes that extend it.

Then I want to be able to create "child" classes that extend this class and
have the textbox and label show up when I'm looking at the Designer view on
the "child" class.

What's the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help

David

John Saunders

pantichd said:
Hello,

I want to create a "base" webform class that will contain a few web
controls. For the sake of this thread let's say I want it to have a
textbox
and a label. In the code-behind for this class I want to have some methods
that should be available to all classes that extend it.

Then I want to be able to create "child" classes that extend this class
and
have the textbox and label show up when I'm looking at the Designer view
on
the "child" class.

What's the best way to do this?

Are you aware that there's no designer support for this? You may not want to
do this, but rather wait until ASP.NET 2.0 and use master pages.

John Saunders