    How do I create a Win32 exe from a Java project? I've seen some tools
    but they're not Open source. Any ideas and/or instructions?

    Thanks
    Jaba, Jul 20, 2005

  2. On 19 Jul 2005 16:42:44 -0700, Jaba wrote:

    > How do I create a Win32 exe from a Java project? I've seen some tools
    > but they're not Open source.

    What has open source got to do with making a Windows EXE?
    ( Why the 'Open Source' requirement? )

    >..Any ideas and/or instructions?

    I think the NullSoft Installer is open source, but
    AFAIU it is written in Delphi.

    What? Next your gonna' say it has to be open source,
    Java and free?

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    In Hypno-Vision
    Andrew Thompson, Jul 20, 2005

  3. "Jaba" <> wrote:
    > How do I create a Win32 exe from a Java project?

    Why do you think this is needed?
    You have your java classes (preferrably bundled into a jar file) and can
    call it with "java.exe" or "javaw.exe".

    --
    "TFritsch$t-online:de".replace(':','.').replace('$','@')
    Thomas Fritsch, Jul 20, 2005
  4. Jaba

    IchBin Guest

    Look at JSmooth http://jsmooth.sourceforge.net/

    --

    Thanks in Advance...
    IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA http://weconsultants.servebeer.com

    ' If there is one, Knowledge is the "Fountain of Youth"'
    -William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)
    IchBin, Jul 20, 2005
  5. "Jaba" <> wrote in message
    > How do I create a Win32 exe from a Java project? I've seen some tools

    Look at

    http://www.javalobby.org/articles/java2exe/

    This article enumerates all ways to generate an .exe from Java, it
    also shows what benefits you can get this way.

    Denis
    Denis Gurchenkov, Jul 20, 2005
  6. TechBookReport, Jul 20, 2005
  7. Jaba

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 19 Jul 2005 16:42:44 -0700, "Jaba" <> wrote or
    quoted :

    >How do I create a Win32 exe from a Java project? I've seen some tools
    >but they're not Open source. Any ideas and/or instructions?

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/nativecompiler.html

    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jul 23, 2005
  8. Jaba

    AWieminer Guest

    >>How do I create a Win32 exe from a Java project? I've seen some tools
    >>but they're not Open source. Any ideas and/or instructions?

    > see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/nativecompiler.html

    I have made a small test program.
    http://koti.mbnet.fi/akini/java/exewrapper/

    You need JavaLauncher from http://www.syncedit.com/ site to create a exe
    wrapper from java application.

    There are many wrappers available.
    http://www.syncedit.com/
    http://jsmooth.sourceforge.net/
    http://www.rolemaker.dk/nonRoleMaker/javalauncher/marner_java_launcher.htm
    http://www.g0dmode.com/javastuff/bootstrap-1.0.zip
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/jpackit/

    Then I have seen many "myownjavalauncher.exe" utilities, which does not
    wrap java applications inside the exe file as a resource. But just start
    apps with java(w).exe or use directly jvm.dll library. These launchers
    use a ini file where you can declare mainclass, classpath and so on.
    JBuilder.exe is actually this kind of launcher, but don't know if its
    publicly available.

    I like more launchers, which just use a config file and then invoke apps
    to java(w).exe or jvm.dll library. You can then easier patch and update
    application because all jars and resource files are available as normal.
    For some reason can even use own runMyApp.bat to launch an application
    in extreme case.

    About the TaskList process name:
    Wrappers and launchers using jvm.dll library show a real app name in a
    tasklist. Launchers which just do shellexecute on java(w).exe are seen
    as java.exe process.

    Its possible to change name if you copy java.exe and rename it to
    MyApp.exe, but I don't know if thats legal thing to do.
    AWieminer, Jul 23, 2005