    same.

    Thanks
    -Steve
    Stephen, Aug 24, 2005

  2. Stephen

    Thomas Kratz Guest

    Stephen wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a simple way to share a WIN32 folder.
    >
    > I have tried using Win32::FileSecurity but the results of a EnumerateRights
    > on a folder before and after I manually share the folder are exactly the
    > same.

    I think you have to straighten your nomenclature. Sharing of
    folders/directories has nothing to do with filesystem rights. You can have
    ACLs on the share itself as you can have on other objects, but you
    should not mix them up conceptwise.

    For sharing a folder try Win32::NetResource or Win32::Lanman
    For setting ACLs use Win32::FileSecurity or Win32::perms

    Thomas

    --
    $/=$,,$_=<DATA>,s,(.*),$1,see;__END__
    s,^(.*\043),,mg,@_=map{[split'']}split;{#>J~.>_an~>>e~......>r~
    Thomas Kratz, Aug 24, 2005

  3. Stephen

    Stephen Guest

    Thomas Kratz <> wrote in

    > Stephen wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Is there a simple way to share a WIN32 folder.
    >>
    >> I have tried using Win32::FileSecurity but the results of a
    >> EnumerateRights on a folder before and after I manually share the
    >> folder are exactly the same.

    > I think you have to straighten your nomenclature. Sharing of
    > folders/directories has nothing to do with filesystem rights. You can
    > have
    > ACLs on the share itself as you can have on other objects, but you
    > should not mix them up conceptwise.
    >
    > For sharing a folder try Win32::NetResource or Win32::Lanman
    > For setting ACLs use Win32::FileSecurity or Win32::perms
    >
    > Thomas

    Thanks... as you spotted I know nothing aobout nomenclature leaset of all
    how to pronouce it :)

    -Steve
    Stephen, Aug 24, 2005
  4. Stephen

    Stephen Guest

    prawn <> wrote in

    > Stephen wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Is there a simple way to share a WIN32 folder.
    >>
    >>I have tried using Win32::FileSecurity but the results of a
    >>EnumerateRights on a folder before and after I manually share the
    >>folder are exactly the same.
    >>

    > Dunno about a Perl solution, though you could try shelling out to the
    > net command. For a full command line spec, type 'net share /?' from
    > the command line.
    >
    > It's not very elegant, but should get the job done.
    >
    > HTH..

    Thanks, that will come in very hady too. I tried looking for something like
    this the other day and came up short !

    -Steve
    Stephen, Aug 24, 2005