    make things visible/invisible.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Jeffrey.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmV0IERldmVsb3Blcg==?=, Jun 1, 2005

  2. Hi Jeffrey,

    When I need to do this, I use an asp:panel control for each "page", and have
    a table as follows

    <asp:panel id="1">
    page 1 stuff
    </asp:panel>
    <asp:pane id="2">
    page 2 stuff
    </asp:panel>
    <1-- next / back buttons here -->

    And make the handlers from the next/back buttons show/hide the relevant
    panels. Only thing u need to be aware of is if ur wizard has a welcome u need
    to turn off any validation until they change pages, cos otherwise they cant
    click next!

    HTH

    Dan

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGhucml2ZXJzaWRl?=, Jun 1, 2005

  3. User Controls can be dynamically loaded (via code).

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    Ambiguity has a certain quality to it.

    Kevin Spencer, Jun 1, 2005
  4. Jeffrey,

    Agreed that panels are a good way to go. The gist is that because the whole
    thing is one "page," you can use viewstate, etc., and if the user does a
    reload they'll start over at the beginning. But, if you have a lot on each
    panel, the html can get a little messy. You might consider instead a user
    control for each one, and set each one's visible=true/false as needed, just
    as you'd do for the panels, or you can combine user controls and panels. One
    thing re user controls I can't swear to but appears to be true: each one's
    init/load will be executed regardless of whether it's visible, so think twice
    about any code you put behind there (in the best case you might do
    unnecessary work in the invisible ones, but in the worst you might generate
    exceptions by talking to controls that won't be rendered, etc.).

    Bill

    =?Utf-8?B?QmlsbCBCb3Jn?=, Jun 1, 2005
  5. Yes Bill, they do initialise. I've had that one happen on me before!

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGhucml2ZXJzaWRl?=, Jun 2, 2005