Creating Addins Case Study CopySourceAsHTML

Anonieko

Using Project Template
Wizard in New->Project->Extensiblity to create basic Addins.
It creates automatically 'For Testing' .addin xml file - to be copied
in the C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXUSERHEREXXX\My Documents\Visual
Studio 2005\Addins. This xml points to the physical location of the
Assembly. That is why it works immediately and registers the addin.

Case Study: CopySourceAsHTML
It will not register even if you download the source code and
installer.
Installer is at http://jasonhaley.com/files/CopySourceAsHTML2005.zip
Source Code is at
http://www.avocadosoftware.com/downloads/csah2005/CopySourceAsHTML2005.zip

Solution.
The problem is that .addin xml file is not copied automatically in the
proper Addins directory.
Step 1. Obtain the Source Code at
http://blacktiles.ipdz.com/CopySourceAsHTML2005.zip . There will be one
missing file in project (-For testing file) but it's ok because the
proper addin is still there(CopySourceAsHTML2005.AddIn).
Step 2. Rebuild
Step 3. Copy the CopySourceAsHTML2005.AddIn and
CopySourceAsHTML2005.dll in the
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Microsoft\MsEnvShared\Addins

Step 4. Restart Visual Studio 2005. Go to Add in Manager and enable
checkbox for the Addin

To Unregister the Addin
Remove the .Addin xml file
Launch VS2005 command prompt
Type command
devenv /ResetAddin CopySourceAsHTML.Connect

Delete all source files of CopySourceAsHTML