Creating an ASP.Net Web App to Win2003

Eric Ritzie

I'm having an issue creating a ASP.Net Web App to my
Windows 2003 Server. When ever I try to creat the project
I get an error message telling me that Visual Studio could
not find ASP.Net 1.1 running on my server. I checked the
Web Services and ASP.Net 1.1 is installed and set
to "Allow". Any suggestions?

I'm able to create projects to a Win2k box with now
problems, so it is something to do with Windows 2003.

Thanks,
Eric Ritzie

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Open the IIS Manager and go down to the bottom folder icon and open it. It
is the permissions section of the Manager. You will have to click enable for
ASP.NET. That should solve at least part of your problem. If not, try
running:

aspnet_regiis.exe -i

on the box to register ASP.NET. Do this after you make sure it is enabled.
This registers ASP.NET 1.1 with IIS. The tool can be accessed via a .NET
command prompt or by going to the proper folder, which is:

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322

You can then run aspnet_regiis -i

A couple of other potential things to solve:

1. If you are using FP extensions to connect, make sure your account is an
author.
2. If you are debugging on this machine, make sure you are in the Debugging
users group.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA