creating an excel file from .net application

Guest

Hi I have created an excel file download feature within a .net application
using Microsoft Office XP primary interop assembly for excel. I was just
wondering if anyone knows if you can also embed excel formulas in the excel
download, for example a running total on a column, thanks.

Mark Rae

Guest

thanks for the response. I was thinking it could lead to problems. Just had
another quick question, I have been able to create a powerpoint app from a
..net windows application, do you know if this can be done with a .net web
application?
I need to convert this line to something that would work in a .net web app.
Do While oApp.SlideShowWindows.Count >= 1
System.Windows.Forms.Application.DoEvents()

Loop

Mark Rae

another quick question, I have been able to create a powerpoint app from a
.net windows application, do you know if this can be done with a .net web
application?

It *can* be done, just like creating an Excel workbook *can* be done...

It's just not recommended...

LosManos

hejdig.

Contrary to common belief there are no problems creating Excel on the
server. As long as you create it as XML.

Take your target Excel spread sheet. Save it as XML.
Open the XML in your favourite editor and deduct where to put your data.
Then either XMLTransform your data or concatenate strings to an Excel
compatible XML document.

Another way is to make the response comma separated or as a table but suffix
it xls and make the type something like application/excel. The browser
believes it is an excel document and starts excel. At leas IE6 does.

Happy hacking!

/OF - ola.fjelddahl(at)diespammers.mandator.com

Mark Rae

Contrary to common belief there are no problems creating Excel on the
server. As long as you create it as XML.

That's true, but not what the OP was doing...

And creating an XML document isn't "creating Excel"...
Another way is to make the response comma separated or as a table but
suffix it xls and make the type something like application/excel. The
browser believes it is an excel document and starts excel. At leas IE6
does.

As above. But that won't do formulas etc, which is what the OP was looking
for...