    --
    Paul G
    Software engineer.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Oct 27, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Hi I have created an excel file download feature within a .net application
    > using Microsoft Office XP primary interop assembly for excel.

    Assuming you mean an ASP.NET application, this is a really bad idea. Even
    Microsoft strongly advise against it...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2

    Use this instead:
    http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Cells/Default.aspx

    Also, click in the link on that page entitled "Why Not Automation?"

    Mark Rae, Oct 27, 2006

  3. thanks for the response. I was thinking it could lead to problems. Just had
    another quick question, I have been able to create a powerpoint app from a
    ..net windows application, do you know if this can be done with a .net web
    application?
    I need to convert this line to something that would work in a .net web app.
    Do While oApp.SlideShowWindows.Count >= 1
    System.Windows.Forms.Application.DoEvents()

    Loop
    --
    Paul G
    Software engineer.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Oct 27, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message

    > another quick question, I have been able to create a powerpoint app from a
    > .net windows application, do you know if this can be done with a .net web
    > application?

    It *can* be done, just like creating an Excel workbook *can* be done...

    It's just not recommended...

    Mark Rae, Oct 27, 2006
  5. ok thanks for the information, will take a look at the aspose software.
    --
    Paul G
    Software engineer.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Oct 27, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message

    > ok thanks for the information, will take a look at the aspose software.

    It's pretty much the industry standard...

    Mark Rae, Oct 27, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

    LosManos Guest

    hejdig.

    Contrary to common belief there are no problems creating Excel on the
    server. As long as you create it as XML.

    Take your target Excel spread sheet. Save it as XML.
    Open the XML in your favourite editor and deduct where to put your data.
    Then either XMLTransform your data or concatenate strings to an Excel
    compatible XML document.

    Another way is to make the response comma separated or as a table but suffix
    it xls and make the type something like application/excel. The browser
    believes it is an excel document and starts excel. At leas IE6 does.

    Happy hacking!

    /OF - ola.fjelddahl(at)diespammers.mandator.com

    ----------------

    LosManos, Oct 27, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    "LosManos" <> wrote in message

    > Contrary to common belief there are no problems creating Excel on the
    > server. As long as you create it as XML.

    That's true, but not what the OP was doing...

    And creating an XML document isn't "creating Excel"...

    > Another way is to make the response comma separated or as a table but
    > suffix it xls and make the type something like application/excel. The
    > browser believes it is an excel document and starts excel. At leas IE6
    > does.

    As above. But that won't do formulas etc, which is what the OP was looking
    for...

    Mark Rae, Oct 27, 2006