Creating an exe package for a ruby program (not rubyscript2exe)

llothar

I remember there was a tool from a japanese guy who created real exe
files from ruby programs.
Not a simple hidden unzipper like rubyscript2exe. It stored bytecodes
for ruby source files and was also able to pack DLL's.

Does anyone remember this project. Is it still alive - it was some
years ago that i tried it.

Luis Lavena

I remember there was a tool from a japanese guy who created real exe
files from ruby programs.
Not a simple hidden unzipper like rubyscript2exe. It stored bytecodes
for ruby source files and was also able to pack DLL's.

Does anyone remember this project. Is it still alive - it was some
years ago that i tried it.

I dones't store ruby bytecode, it packs extensions, source files and
everything behind a customize ruby interpreter.

The tool you're commenting is exerb:

http://exerb.sourceforge.jp/index.en.html

You will require to compile by hand (ruby and the extension) since I
couldn't find an up-to-date version for latests ruby.

HTH,