Creating an executable installer on Windows

Bernard Lebel

Hello,

I'd like to know how one can create a Windows installer executable. I
have this bunch modules, html files, pictures and directories that I'd
like to install in various places on a disk drive. When the executable
is run, it's like pretty much any standard installation: user answers
a few questions, click OK, and then everything is there.

Thanks
Bernard

Larry Bates

Bernard said:
Hello,

I'd like to know how one can create a Windows installer executable. I
have this bunch modules, html files, pictures and directories that I'd
like to install in various places on a disk drive. When the executable
is run, it's like pretty much any standard installation: user answers
a few questions, click OK, and then everything is there.

Thanks
Bernard

I use combination of py2exe (http://www.py2exe.org) to create
distributable python application and Inno Setup
(http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php) to create the actual
Windows installer (e.g. setup.exe). This does what you want
and was very easy to set up.

-Larry Bates