creating an python function with DCoracle2 module

pepericou

I'm trying to developp an application which use Zope and DCOracle2
module to access Oracle database. I've install the DCOracle2 product
on Windows XP, but when I create a python function to access my
database, I' have the following error when I test it :
import DCOracle2 is unauthorized
Can You help me ?
Thank you

Bob Lancaster

I'm trying to developp an application which use Zope and DCOracle2
module to access Oracle database. I've install the DCOracle2 product
on Windows XP, but when I create a python function to access my
database, I' have the following error when I test it :
import DCOracle2 is unauthorized
Can You help me ?
Thank you

Sounds like the problem is on your machine, and not with DCOracle2.
I've imported it quite nicely (on Windows 2000), and so have many
others. I would check the permissions on your DCOracle files.

Also, is that an English or French version of Windows XP? Many of our
customers use non-English versions of XP, and those versions are often
not as robust as the English version.

Bob Lancaster

rlancasterATbruker-axsDOTcom

Joe Francia

pepericou said:
I'm trying to developp an application which use Zope and DCOracle2
module to access Oracle database. I've install the DCOracle2 product
on Windows XP, but when I create a python function to access my
database, I' have the following error when I test it :
import DCOracle2 is unauthorized
Can You help me ?
Thank you

I'm assuming you're creating a Python Script in Zope via the ZMI. Zope
forbids the importing of all but a few modules in the ZMI, for security
reasons. You will need to use an External Method or, even better, find a
Zope Oracle Product that will allow you to create a connection in one of
your folders and allow you to use Z SQL Methods.

BTW: You should probably post further questions about Zope to either the
Zope-General or Zope-Database list.