    is there a method to do it, some trick? some wizard? some
    helper program?

    yours sincerely, Edward.
    Edward, Jun 12, 2004

  2. "Edward" <> wrote in message
    news:1b67501c450c4$439c8600$...
    > hello dear Group!
    >
    > I need very much to create an ASP .NET webservice out of
    > a WSDL file - it is enough if I would have just empty
    > skeleton webservice that would be working in .NET!!!!
    >
    > input: WSDL file of the webservice (quite complicated,
    > with complex types in return)
    >
    > output: webservice in ASP .NET that works - i.e. method
    > calls are returning something or noething - I can fill
    > them with functionality.
    >
    > is there a method to do it, some trick? some wizard? some
    > helper program?
    >
    > yours sincerely, Edward.

    Hi,

    Try wsdl.exe /server <path or URL to WSDL file>. This will generate code for
    an abstract web service class with web methods that correspond to the WSDL.
    You'll need to derive a class from this abstract class and implement the
    body for the abstract methods yourself.

    Regards,
    Sami
    Sami Vaaraniemi, Jun 13, 2004

  3. what I would do is convert the generated abstract class to a concrete class
    (by removing "abstract" keyword) and then fill in the implementation. This
    is because the asp.net webservices runtime depends on attributes that are
    applied to classes to modify its behavior in serialization and so on. The
    generated abstract class will have all the right attributes. But a derived
    class will not have those attributes, and the asp.net runtime doesn't
    inspect the ancestors to sniff for the attributes. So if you inherit from
    the generated abstract you must also cut-n-paste the generated attributes.
    At this point it is probably easier to just convert it to concrete.

    Be careful about re-generating though - you could lose your changes if you
    are not careful.

    -Dino

    Dino Chiesa [Microsoft], Jun 16, 2004