Creating beans from database tables

mikko.tanskanen

My problem is that I have to create beans from all the 100+ tables that
are in my database and it wouldn't be very joyful doing it manually. So
do you know any solution to this? Hibernate tools? Eclipse plugins? I
guess there's no way doing it while my application is running,
dynamically.

Manish Pandit

Hi,

By 'create beans' you mean you have to instantiate the existing ones,
or you have to generate code for something like entity beans? Or are we
talking about POJOs here?

If you want to generate code, use the java.sql.DatabaseMetaData API to
get information about schemas/tables/columns/indexes etc.

If not this, can you elaborate what exactly you want to do?

-cheers,
Manish