creating business forms

xmlfreefly

Hello,

There must be a way to do this without repeating the invoice total
on each detail line but I haven't been able to figure it out.
I could change the code that creates the xml to only include the
totals on the last line but that seems like a work around that isn't
the right way to go about it

Any ideas? Here is an example of what I'm working on.
http://www.xmlinsights.com/invoice

This example makes me think I should be able to get to any of the
XML inside my XSL at any time, I couldn't figure out how to make it
work, I tried every variation I could think of.
http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/xsl_value_of.asp

Please let me know is I'm missing some simple syntax issue or if I'm
going about the entire thing incorrectly.

Thanks
Dennis

Joseph Kesselman

xmlfreefly said:
This example makes me think I should be able to get to any of the
XML inside my XSL at any time

You should be able to, unless you're working in a restricted subset of
XSLT. All the selects you've shown us are either the current document or
its immediate descendants; you just need XPaths that reference nodes
elsewhere in the document.

Try starting with a simpler example that demonstrates just one instance
of what you're doing, what you want it to do, and what it's doing
instead. I suspect you're doing something basic like trying to search
from the root without saying so by preficing the path with /...