creating business forms

Discussion in 'XML' started by xmlfreefly, Apr 27, 2006.

  1. xmlfreefly

    xmlfreefly Guest

    Hello,

    There must be a way to do this without repeating the invoice total
    on each detail line but I haven't been able to figure it out.
    I could change the code that creates the xml to only include the
    totals on the last line but that seems like a work around that isn't
    the right way to go about it

    Any ideas? Here is an example of what I'm working on.
    http://www.xmlinsights.com/invoice

    This example makes me think I should be able to get to any of the
    XML inside my XSL at any time, I couldn't figure out how to make it
    work, I tried every variation I could think of.
    http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/xsl_value_of.asp

    Please let me know is I'm missing some simple syntax issue or if I'm
    going about the entire thing incorrectly.

    Thanks
    Dennis

    xmlfreefly, Apr 27, 2006

  2. xmlfreefly wrote:
    > This example makes me think I should be able to get to any of the
    > XML inside my XSL at any time

    You should be able to, unless you're working in a restricted subset of
    XSLT. All the selects you've shown us are either the current document or
    its immediate descendants; you just need XPaths that reference nodes
    elsewhere in the document.

    Try starting with a simpler example that demonstrates just one instance
    of what you're doing, what you want it to do, and what it's doing
    instead. I suspect you're doing something basic like trying to search
    from the root without saying so by preficing the path with /...

    Joseph Kesselman, Apr 27, 2006