Creating Buttons - please help

Discussion in 'HTML and CSS' started by steryd12, Jul 3, 2010.

  1. steryd12

    steryd12

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Hi.
    I am quite new to HTML coding, and I have a lot of problems creating my dream site.

    ------------
    <input type=button value="GoGogle1!" onclick="open_win()">
    <input type=button value="GoGogle2!" onclick="open_win2()">

    (I cant put here the whole code... but I hope you would understand what I mean...)
    ------------
    It should create 2 buttons - each opens two new tabs after clicking on it...

    And here are things that I have problems with:

    1. when I try putting the code on my website - I dont see buttons - but the text of my code... mayby my site does not support JavaCoding???
    But maybe you know some free-of-charge hosting sites???

    2. when I click each button - it automatically takes me to the last tab. But I would like that my "focus" stay on the main page (where the buttons are). Is there a way to keep me on my main page after clicking on a button?
    I came up wit the idea of an alert box.
    <input type="button" onclick="show_alert()" value="Show alert box" />
    But I dont know how to make it that way - you click a button and new tabs start to load but at the same time the alert menu pops up - and you have to click OK button - then you stay on the main page... But I dont know how to make 2 actions hapening after clicking one button...???
    Just if there is a way to do that without pupups or alerts - it would be great.

    3. I use Mozilla. But lately I opened IE. And there my code after clicking on a button - OPENS NEW WINDOWS... I dont like that at all... I would like that the links opened in new tabs, not windows. Can I modify somehow my code to work on IE as it works on Mozilla?

    4. If I make 100 url adreses in one button - the buttons does not show up at all... is there a limit of links from one button? If yes - how high it is and how can I omitt it (I would really like to open at least 100 urls=tabs after one click)

    5. The truth is I am making this button so that I could click each day my "virtual adoptions" quicker... So I need to open many urls fast - and then close them... So the most wonderful thing would t after clicking on it - opens many new tabs and then close each tab after it finishes loading... Is it even possible to make such button? But latelly I am beginning to believe that anything is possible in HTML...
    There is the function: onunload - maybe that is the way to go?
    Just I dont know how to make that function to be activated not on my main page but on the new tabs. Any ideas????

    steryd12, Jul 3, 2010