Creating certificate chains, any java CA APIs????

gfrommer

Hello everyone,

I'm writing a program in which I want to create a certificate for
the user on-the-fly. This is easy enough, possibly running the keytool
through a Runtime.exec() command, but I want to have the newly created
certificate signed by a parent certificate, and the keytool wont do
this.

So I'll be given a list of 5 master certificates or so, and client
applications will request a new certificate derived from one of the
five... is there an API or a java library I can use to do this?

Thanks everyone

Greg

Chris Head