    icon.

    Thanks.

    Greg.

    Greg Fyans, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Greg Fyans

    PeterMcC Guest

    Greg Fyans wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone knew of a way I could allow a user to
    > download a shortcut to my website, but with a custom icon?
    >
    > I can create a shortcut no problem, but I can't see any way of using
    > my own icon.

    Not sure about downloading shortcuts but, if you want a little icon to
    appear when someone marks your site in their favourites/bookmarks list, this
    may be what you mean.
    www.favicon.com

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,

    PeterMcC, Jan 6, 2004

  3. Greg Fyans

    Dan Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 11:49:19 +0000, Greg Fyans
    <> wrote...
    | I was wondering if anyone knew of a way I could allow a user to download a
    | shortcut to my website, but with a custom icon?

    At least for Windows, you would need to run a program or some kind of
    script to set a shortcut. There are a couple of solutions out there
    (see the "click here" link at http://www.cursorarts.com/ca_me.html
    about half-way down the page for an example). Not sure whether that is
    what you are describing, though.

    - return address is altered slightly to reduce spam.

    Dan, Jan 7, 2004