Creating desktop icons for Innosetup file

Harlin Seritt

I have a test app that I am creating an Innosetup script for.
Everything works great except for the fact that my icons (start menu
and desktop) are not starting the executable in the appropriate
directory. This is causing problems because it can't find "icon.ico"
and other stuff. When I go and manually change the startpath on the
icon's property box, everything works fine. How do I ensure that the
icon starts in the apppath?

Thanks,

Harlin Seritt

Will McGugan

Harlin said:
I have a test app that I am creating an Innosetup script for.
Everything works great except for the fact that my icons (start menu
and desktop) are not starting the executable in the appropriate
directory. This is causing problems because it can't find "icon.ico"
and other stuff. When I go and manually change the startpath on the
icon's property box, everything works fine. How do I ensure that the
icon starts in the apppath?

You need to set the working dir for the icon in the [Icons] sections.
Adding the following to your icons should do the trick..

WorkingDir: {app};

HTH,

Will McGugan

Greg Ewing

Will said:
You need to set the working dir for the icon in the [Icons] sections.

It would be better to re-design the application so that
it doesn't rely on being started with any particular
working directory. Then it will still work if the user
creates additional shortcuts that don't have the
working directory set, launches the app directly, etc.