Creating drop down selection box on the fly

szabgab

I would like to create a box with the same behavior as the "To" field
in the gmail
"Compose Email" page.

That is a simple text box but when you start typing it will suddently
show a list of
all the e-mails (for our purpose any string would do) in my address
book that have
the given substring in it.

E.g. if I type in "ga" I get all the e-mails where the "ga" substing
shows up.

Then I can select from the list and press enter on the requested
address or
I can keep typing if the address is not in the list yet.

so I'd like to create a similar box.

Gabor

RobB

http://www.dcs.lancs.ac.uk/~grill/mgbox/