creating dynamic menus with submenus from sql

paulakeijzers

I've got a problem with asp.net i am trying to make a menu control. and have searched the web for serveral controls but they don't work correctly.

I am pretty new to asp.net building. What am i looking for. i am looking for code to make a dynamical menu with submenus The menu items are stored in a MS SQL Table and when by loading the page the items will be created. i have made a asp table. i want my menu on the left cell, in the middle cell i want to change my pages to the menu item choosen.

This is what my page look like right now
<asp:Table id="Table1" runat="server" Height="72px" Width="944px">
<asp:TableRow>
<asp:TableCell>
<asp:linkbutton id="btnLogOut" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 8px; TOP: 8px" runat="server" Width="80px"
Height="8px">Logout</asp:linkbutton>&nbsp;</asp:TableCell>
<asp:TableCell>
<asp:textbox id="txtUsername" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 112px; TOP: 8px" runat="server" Width="144px"
Height="24px"></asp:textbox>
</asp:TableCell>
</asp:TableRow>
<asp:TableRow>
<asp:TableCell>
<uc1:Menu id="Menu1" runat="server"></uc1:Menu>
</asp:TableCell>
<asp:TableCell>
<uc1:messages id="Messages1" runat="server"></uc1:messages>
</asp:TableCell>
<asp:TableCell>test</asp:TableCell>
</asp:TableRow>
</asp:Table>
</form>

so for an instance i want to change the messages to Sent items page how can i do that?
It would be great if some one can give me some examples of making menus and how to change the page.
and is it possible to do it all from the code behind?

Mr Newbie

The first questions I would ask is what do you want your menu system to look
like.

1.) List of Links/Sub Links
2.) Rollover Graphics
3.) Static Graphics
4.) Something Else.

The obvious thing to do is to look for ASP.NET driven Javascript rendered
menus. If you can find what you need, then perhaps you need to write a
custom control. But this will require an awfull lot of carefull planning and
testing between different browsers, resolutions etc.