    How can i create and use dynamic link libraries with ANSI or ISO C
    language?

    Thank You,

    Paramesh, Nov 27, 2005

  2. Paramesh wrote:

    > How can i create and use dynamic link libraries with ANSI or ISO C
    > language?

    standard C (ANSI or ISO) does not address the issue of dynamic link
    library. You
    need a platform or compiler specific news group.

    --
    Nick Keighley

    Nick Keighley, Nov 27, 2005

  3. Paramesh <> wrote:

    > How can i create and use dynamic link libraries with ANSI or ISO C
    > language?

    (Short answer: You can't. You're looking for a different newsgroup.)

    Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c. Please visit

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Nov 27, 2005
  4. Paramesh

    pemo Guest

    "Paramesh" <> wrote in message
    > Hello friends,
    >
    > How can i create and use dynamic link libraries with ANSI or ISO C
    > language?

    You'll need something like MS's Visual Studio, or Dev-C++ [it does C too!]

    pemo, Nov 27, 2005
  5. In article <>,
    Paramesh <> wrote:
    >Hello friends,
    >
    >How can i create and use dynamic link libraries with ANSI or ISO C
    >language?
    >
    >Thank You,

    Allow me to be the first to say this - and I say it from the deepness of my
    heart, with all the kindness and love one has come to associate with the
    helpful posts you get in this newsgroup:

    Not portable. Can't discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

    Kenny McCormack, Nov 27, 2005
  6. Paramesh

    Malcolm Guest

    "Paramesh" <> wrote
    > Hello friends,
    >
    > How can i create and use dynamic link libraries with ANSI or ISO C
    > language?
    >
    > Thank You,

    To use a dynamic library, just the straight

    #include <ordinarytheader.h>

    int main(void)
    {
    ordinaryfunctioncall();
    return 0;
    }

    Then you need to link the dynamic library, possibly the compiler will do
    this automatically, or possibly you will need to specify it explicitly.

    To make a dynamic library, just the standard

    int ordinaryfunctioncall(void)
    {
    return 123;
    }

    Now compile, using switches to indicate that the function should not be
    compiled to a standard executable, but to a dynamic library. You will
    virtually always need to inform the compiler explictly about this (in MSVC++
    it is achieved by clicking the "dynamic link library option" as you create a
    new project, other compilers might use command line switches or other
    methods).

    Malcolm, Nov 27, 2005