Creating Dynamically loaded libraries

Paramesh

Hello friends,

How can i create and use dynamic link libraries with ANSI or ISO C
language?

Thank You,

Nick Keighley

Paramesh said:
How can i create and use dynamic link libraries with ANSI or ISO C
language?

standard C (ANSI or ISO) does not address the issue of dynamic link
library. You
need a platform or compiler specific news group.

pemo

Paramesh said:
Hello friends,

How can i create and use dynamic link libraries with ANSI or ISO C
language?

You'll need something like MS's Visual Studio, or Dev-C++ [it does C too!]

Kenny McCormack

Hello friends,

How can i create and use dynamic link libraries with ANSI or ISO C
language?

Thank You,

Allow me to be the first to say this - and I say it from the deepness of my
heart, with all the kindness and love one has come to associate with the
helpful posts you get in this newsgroup:

Not portable. Can't discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

Malcolm

Paramesh said:
Hello friends,

How can i create and use dynamic link libraries with ANSI or ISO C
language?

Thank You,
To use a dynamic library, just the straight

#include <ordinarytheader.h>

int main(void)
{
ordinaryfunctioncall();
return 0;
}

Then you need to link the dynamic library, possibly the compiler will do
this automatically, or possibly you will need to specify it explicitly.

To make a dynamic library, just the standard

int ordinaryfunctioncall(void)
{
return 123;
}

Now compile, using switches to indicate that the function should not be
compiled to a standard executable, but to a dynamic library. You will
virtually always need to inform the compiler explictly about this (in MSVC++
it is achieved by clicking the "dynamic link library option" as you create a
new project, other compilers might use command line switches or other
methods).