    want these files to be different for each client.

    TIA,
    Tanmaya
    Tanmaya Kulkarni, Jun 26, 2006

  2. Hi,

    Tanmaya Kulkarni wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Since C# / VB.Net code executes on the server, all the path given during
    > file creation point to physical path on server.
    >
    > Is there some mechanism where were can create text files on the client. I
    > want these files to be different for each client.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Tanmaya

    Given the correct permissions, client-side JavaScript can create text
    files on the client.
    http://www.galasoft-lb.ch/myjavascript/CExplorer/index.html

    However, I would really think that over: Do you really want to save
    something on your user's PC? I would rather advise against that.

    I would either use cookies
    http://www.galasoft-lb.ch/myjavascript/CCookie/index.html
    or save the files on the server, using a SessionID or any other
    mechanism (username/password) to save user-specific files.

    HTH,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft
    Laurent Bugnion, Jun 26, 2006

  3. Yes, research WSH - Windows Script Host.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jun 26, 2006