Creating html file from news feed or text file

Ellie

I need to be able to get a feed and then have it displayed on my website.
I'm not sure if I can get the feed, but if I can, what would be the best way
to create a web page from the feed? Also, if I can't get the feed, I can get
daily email updates of google group posts. If I have the email, how could I
get that on the webserver so that the web page can display it's contents?
I'm very new at asp and I'm just starting to do my research now so I'm not
even sure my questions make sense. I've tried to do searches on feeds and
nothing seems to be helpful. To make matters worse, the group that I
subscribe to requires that you be a member and I haven't been able to access
it using googlereader as the search for that news feed comes up as not
found. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ellie

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Ellie said:
I need to be able to get a feed and then have it displayed on my
website. I'm not sure if I can get the feed, but if I can, what would
be the best way to create a web page from the feed? Also, if I can't
get the feed, I can get daily email updates of google group posts. If
I have the email, how could I get that on the webserver so that the
web page can display it's contents? I'm very new at asp and I'm just
starting to do my research now so I'm not even sure my questions make
sense. I've tried to do searches on feeds and nothing seems to be
helpful. To make matters worse, the group that I subscribe to
requires that you be a member and I haven't been able to access it
using googlereader as the search for that news feed comes up as not
found. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ellie

Not really sure about what you are doing so all I can offer is some faq
articles that might help answer your questions:

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2173
http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/files/...orking-with-files-using-filesystemobject.html