Creating Mac-codepage file using FSO

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Tomas Eklund, Nov 4, 2005.

  1. Tomas Eklund

    Tomas Eklund Guest

    Is it possible to create a textfile using a macintosh compatible codepage using
    the ASP File System Object? I have been trying pretty hard for a while now and
    am getting more and more frustrated. The textfile I am creating is to be
    imported into a mac database and there are some "extended" characters that
    doesn't display right if I use the standard (windows?) encoding (which I believe
    is dependant on the default encoding set on the web server operating system, and
    I cannot change that).

    I have even tried to "manually" change the affected characters using hexadecimal
    search and replace operations, but if I do this the ASP engine generates an
    error message and execution of the script is halted:

    sData = sData.replace(/\xE5/gm, String.fromCharCode(0x8C)); // å

    Oh, and Unicode didn't seem to be supported by the database the customer was
    using so that's no option either. I think I need something like the 10000 Mac
    Roman cmap.

    --
    Best regards,
    Tomas Eklund