    Please tell me how to do this.

    Thanks for the help,
    Navin

    navin, Jun 11, 2007

  2. navin

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    navin <> wrote:

    > Hi All
    >
    > I am new to this web design. i saw a tutorial for creating vertical
    > menus using CSS, which works fine. However, i am still not able to
    > undrstand as how to integrate this menu with the other contents of
    > the
    > web page.
    >

    > I want the menu created with CSS on the left and the content of the
    > home page on the right.
    >

    > Please tell me how to do this.

    Your word is my command. You, of course will add things and style
    those other things and so on. The main idea here is the setting
    of the left margin in the content div, floating the left menu and
    giving it a width (the latter helps if colourising the menu
    block)

    <head>
    <title></title>

    ul{

    float:left;
    width: 10em;
    padding: .5em;
    }

    div {

    margin-left: 10.5em;
    padding: .5em;
    }

    </head>

    <ul>
    <li>Text of link length</li>
    <li>Text of link length</li>
    <li>Text of link length</li>
    </ul>

    <h1>Main heading</h1>
    Pellentesque augue.Suspendisse consectetuer velit nec neque. Duis
    nec orci quis nulla egestas fermentum.Ut quis eros. Aenean at
    augue vitae quam posuere vehicula. Pellentesque habitantmorbi
    tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas.
    Maecenas justonunc, porta sed, molestie eget, adipiscing id,
    ante. Cum sociis natoque penatibus etmagnis dis parturient
    montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Suspendisse potenti. Nunc
    blanditmagna id odio sodales luctus. Nulla quam magna, viverra
    quis, dignissim blandit, viverra nec, odio.</p>

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jun 11, 2007