Creating Multi-directory Sites Using Multiple Projects In A Solution

Nathan Sokalski

I have a Visual Studio Solution that contains multiple ASP.NET Projects. I
do not want to put all of the pages (*.aspx files) in the root directory of
my site, because that would be very disorganized. However, I am having
trouble getting any projects other than the one that I place in the root
directory to work. What extra steps do I need to take to place a project in
a directory other than the root? I am using a webhosting service
(hostway.com), so if there are any changes that need to be made on the
server I need to know exactly what they are so that I can either request
them for my site or make them by logging into my account. If anyone can help
me with this or knows of a website that gives good instructions on doing
this, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Gerry Hickman

Hi,

If you own the server, just create a new folder or "site" using IIS
admin tools, set up any server extensions (such as Frontpage), set the
App boundary in IIS and choose the Authentication scheme.

If you don't own the server, you would need to use an Admin interface to
create new "Virtual Directories". Ask the host how to get to the Admin
interface.

You'd then need to publish your app from it's development sub-folder to
the target vDir on the web server.