Creating my own webserver

Edwin Knoppert

Afaik there was a topic that somehow invoked by a custom exe i could start
the dot net framework to become a webserver *itself*.

Maybe you ever heard of this?
I lost the topic.

The idea is that i want to run ASP.NET application *not* using the Windows
webserver but via that specific feature in .NET OR if possible to use my own
executable/dll.

I'm able to write me a stand-alone isapi dll but knowledge fails me how i
could make use of the aspnet_isapi.dll to pass the requests.

I wonder if this simple approach would work anyway.

Any ideas?

Steve B.

Simply use the HttpListener class.

It has been made for self hosting web services.

HTH
Steve

Edwin Knoppert

Thanks both!
It seems Cassini is not compiled for v2 and so far (brief moment) i will
have to do some stuff to make that work, maybe later.

Imo the HttpListener might be a valid option, i will start investigating
that one first.
I seen a few examples i'll try first :)

Thanks!