    clients?

    Regards,

    Guy

    Guy Robinson, Mar 3, 2005

  2. Guy Robinson

    D H Guest

    Guy Robinson wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Can anyone confirm if there is a python library that can allow me to
    > create .NET clients in python.
    >
    > My understanding is both IronPython and python for .NET can't create
    > python .net clients?

    Correct, although IronPython may work one day.

    D H, Mar 3, 2005

  3. Guy Robinson

    yaipa Guest

    Guy,

    I can tell you that pythonNet is quite far along, rel 1, Beta 4
    actually.

    here is a c.l.p link to the three major releases.

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group..._doneTitle=Back to Search&&d#445f2052948d93e2

    Cheers,

    --Alan

    yaipa, Mar 3, 2005
  4. Guy Robinson

    Guy Robinson Guest

    Thanks Alan,

    Are you saying I can create python .net clients with PythonNet. My understanding
    is I can only use .net clients from python not the other way around.

    Do you have an example showing creating a .net client in python?

    regards,

    Guy

    Guy Robinson, Mar 3, 2005
  5. Guy Robinson

    yaipa Guest

    > >> Can anyone confirm if there is a python library that
    > >> can allow me to create .NET clients in python.

    Sorry, the term 'clients' throws me in this case.

    PythonNet allows you to call .Net, but not the other way 'round.
    So, IronPython would be it if that is what you want to do.

    Cheers,

    --Alan

    yaipa, Mar 4, 2005
  6. At this time, Ironpython is in pre-alpha state, not suitable for
    production work.
    However, we will have news about it in the next Pycon 2005, which will
    be held by the end of March.

    Luis M. Gonzalez, Mar 4, 2005
  7. Guy Robinson

    John J. Lee Guest

    Guy Robinson <-e-d.co.nz> writes:

    > Can anyone confirm if there is a python library that can allow me to
    > create .NET clients in python.
    >
    > My understanding is both IronPython and python for .NET can't create
    > python .net clients?

    IIUC, IronPython can, but it's not ready for production work yet (and
    won't be for some while yet, I imagine).

    John

    John J. Lee, Mar 4, 2005