creating .NET clients with python

Guy Robinson

Hello,

Can anyone confirm if there is a python library that can allow me to create .NET
clients in python.

My understanding is both IronPython and python for .NET can't create python .net
clients?

Regards,

Guy

D H

Guy said:
Hello,

Can anyone confirm if there is a python library that can allow me to
create .NET clients in python.

My understanding is both IronPython and python for .NET can't create
python .net clients?

Correct, although IronPython may work one day.

Guy Robinson

Thanks Alan,

Are you saying I can create python .net clients with PythonNet. My understanding
is I can only use .net clients from python not the other way around.

Do you have an example showing creating a .net client in python?

regards,

Guy

yaipa

Can anyone confirm if there is a python library that
Sorry, the term 'clients' throws me in this case.

PythonNet allows you to call .Net, but not the other way 'round.
So, IronPython would be it if that is what you want to do.

Cheers,

--Alan

Luis M. Gonzalez

At this time, Ironpython is in pre-alpha state, not suitable for
production work.
However, we will have news about it in the next Pycon 2005, which will
be held by the end of March.

John J. Lee

Guy Robinson said:
Can anyone confirm if there is a python library that can allow me to
create .NET clients in python.

My understanding is both IronPython and python for .NET can't create
python .net clients?

IIUC, IronPython can, but it's not ready for production work yet (and
won't be for some while yet, I imagine).

John