    Can one create a new thread as another user and then preform commands with
    other permissionas or am I stuck with the ASPNET user in the code behind?

    /Lars

    Lars Netzel, Mar 3, 2005

  2. Lars Netzel

    Scott Allen Guest

    There are a handful of ways to run a thread with a different
    principal. The second half of the following article demonstrates a few
    of the techniques:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306158

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Mar 3, 2005

  3. Lars Netzel

    Lars Netzel Guest

    That works for basic things but the Export of Crystal Report files doesn't
    seem to be affected by the impersionation. Any ideas why?

    /Lars

    Lars Netzel, Mar 4, 2005
  4. Lars Netzel

    Scott Allen Guest

    I'm not intimately familiar with Crystal, but, I know COM can throw
    some kinks into the work. Have you tried the aspcompat directive? If
    Crystal is using an STA COM object underneath the covers then the
    calls will jump to a different thread that is not impersonating.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Mar 4, 2005