    Is it possible or not ? Or, is there a third party reporting control who can
    use custom objects ?

    Tks for your answer.

    =?Utf-8?B?R2hpc3Rvcw==?=, Oct 24, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?R2hpc3Rvcw==?=

    sloan Guest

    A. Switch to ActiveReports, they support IList's.

    B. There is a blog entry about this, but I can't find the link.
    Basically, the person took his custom collection (of custom business
    objects), created a strong dataset, and then looped over the custom
    collection, and threw records into the dataset.
    This is called the "push" model for Crystal Reports.

    EmployeeDS ds = new EmployeeDS();

    foreach (Employee e in empCollection)
    {

    ds.Employee.AddNewEmployeeRow( 123, "Smith", "John");

    }

    something like that. then you build the CR against the ADO.Net DataSet OR
    against the XSD schema.
    Yeah, good times.

    Good luck. I hate Crystal Reports.

    sloan, Oct 24, 2007

  3. Tks buddy,

    I'm a bit frustrated about CR... I don't understand why they do not support
    custom objects from other libraries...

    And, I hate working with dataset when I don't really need them so... I think
    we would buy Active Reports.

    Thanks for the cue.

    =?Utf-8?B?R2hpc3Rvcw==?=, Oct 24, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?R2hpc3Rvcw==?=

    sloan Guest

    Since this is a webapp, you may need to investigate what it takes to show AR
    in a browser.

    I do web development, but I've used AR only in a winforms application (in
    the past).

    So I don't know about that exact caveat. AR in the Web.

    But I still hate CR. Ever since VB4 days.

    sloan, Oct 24, 2007