Creating richtext in asp + formatting

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by daz@rayneressex.com, Aug 29, 2007.

  1. Guest

    hey guys

    I'm not asp literate, and tried many search terms on google to try and
    work the solution out, but gave up :(

    Below is a bit of code in our system that has a button assigned to it,
    once clicked this lil dude creates a richtext email in outlook and
    fills it in.

    What I would like to do, is use some html formatting (bold) for the
    field captions and add a weblink - Can anyone help a poor blokey in
    distress?

    Thanks :)

    sub SendEmail(strEmail)
    strSubject = "Support Call Update"
    strBody = "I.T. Department have updated your Support Call (Ref: " &
    document.form1.ID.value & ")%0A%0A"
    strBody = strBody & "Reported Issue:%0A" &
    document.form1.Problem.value & "%0A%0A"
    strBody = strBody & "Assigned:%0A" & document.form1.Assigned_To.value
    & "%0A%0A"
    strBody = strBody & "Status:%0A" & document.form1.Status.value & "%0A
    %0A"
    strBody = strBody & "Comment:%0A" & document.form1.Resolution.value &
    "%0A%0A"
    strEmail = "mailto:" & strEmail & "?subject=" & strSubject & "&body="
    &strBody
    window.open strEmail
    end sub

    , Aug 29, 2007

  2. <> wrote in message

    > I'm not asp literate

    You're in the wrong newsgroup - this one is for ASP.NET

    For ASP issues, please post to: microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Aug 29, 2007