  1. Hi, what freeware programs are there that can take a graphic and make
    the corners rounded please ? For a win 98SE system.

    Regards, John.

    John Fitzsimons, Jul 30, 2008

  2. John Fitzsimons

    Chet Guest

    Of great historical significance to all, John Fitzsimons
    <> declared on Wed, 30 Jul 2008
    16:15:23 +1000:

    > Hi, what freeware programs are there that can take a graphic
    > and make the corners rounded please ? For a win 98SE system.
    >
    > Regards, John.

    John,

    These are all free and would be able to create the rounded corner images you'd need:

    IrfanView
    <http://www.irfanview.com/>

    GIMP
    <http://www.gimp.org/>

    Paint.NET
    <http://www.getpaint.net/>

    hth
    --
    com
    "I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid."

    Chet, Jul 30, 2008

  3. On Jul 30, 3:19 am, Chet <> wrote:
    > > Hi, what freeware programs are there that can take a graphic
    > > and make the corners rounded please ? For a win 98SE system.

    > Paint.NET
    > <http://www.getpaint.net/>

    This looks nice, I may have to share this with a bunch of people.
    Only gave it a quick look, but it seems more intuitive than Gimp. And
    the price is right...

    --
    Travis
    Flash Crap: http://travisnewbury.blogspot.com

    Travis Newbury, Jul 30, 2008
  4. On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 07:19:00 GMT, Chet <>
    wrote:

    >Of great historical significance to all, John Fitzsimons

    ><> declared on Wed, 30 Jul 2008
    >16:15:23 +1000:

    >> Hi, what freeware programs are there that can take a graphic
    >> and make the corners rounded please ? For a win 98SE system.

    >John,

    >These are all free and would be able to create the rounded corner images you'd need:

    >IrfanView
    ><http://www.irfanview.com/>

    Well, I use that program regularly but have no idea how to create
    rounded corners with it. Can anyone here give me the steps please ?

    >GIMP
    ><http://www.gimp.org/>

    I have 2.2.7 installed but cannot find anything to do with rounded
    corners in the help file etc. Can anyone here give me the steps
    please ?

    >Paint.NET
    ><http://www.getpaint.net/>

    This isn't for 98SE BUT if I go to XP....Can anyone here give me the
    steps please ?

    >hth

    Maybe. Thanks.

    Regards, John.

    John Fitzsimons, Jul 31, 2008
  5. John Fitzsimons

    Chet Guest

    Of great historical significance to all, John Fitzsimons
    <> declared on Thu, 31 Jul 2008
    09:23:53 +1000:

    > On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 07:19:00 GMT, Chet
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Of great historical significance to all, John Fitzsimons

    > ><> declared on Wed, 30 Jul 2008
    > >16:15:23 +1000:

    > >> Hi, what freeware programs are there that can take a
    > >> graphic and make the corners rounded please ? For a win
    > >> 98SE system.

    > >John,

    > >These are all free and would be able to create the rounded
    > >corner images you'd need:

    > >IrfanView
    > ><http://www.irfanview.com/>

    > Well, I use that program regularly but have no idea how to
    > create rounded corners with it. Can anyone here give me the
    > steps please ?
    >
    > >GIMP
    > ><http://www.gimp.org/>

    > I have 2.2.7 installed but cannot find anything to do with
    > rounded corners in the help file etc. Can anyone here give me
    > the steps please ?
    >
    > >Paint.NET
    > ><http://www.getpaint.net/>

    > This isn't for 98SE BUT if I go to XP....Can anyone here give
    > me the steps please ?
    >
    > >hth

    > Maybe. Thanks.
    >
    > Regards, John.

    Hi John,

    Somewhat misunderstood your question. Basically you need to create a small circle in the color you want the body then divide the circle into 4 quarters - one for each quarter of the layout.

    These two sites should get you going:

    Rounded corners in CSS
    <http://www.kalsey.com/blog/2003/07/rounded_corners_in_css/>

    Liquid round corners