Creating rounded mouseover menuitems

Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I've been trying for weeks without success to create small, top nav menu items that are

1) OnMouseOff: black text, white background
2) OnMouseOver: white text, black background with 4 rounded corners.
3) When user is on that particular menu item's page: same as onmouseover.

I want to avoid using images for the menu items, because it makes the menuitems very hard to edit.

I've tried using this technique. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me cos my buttons are rounded on both the top AND bottom. So when I set a different text size, or a user increases the display text size on their browser, the whole button gets disfigured.

I've also tried Scott Mitchell's rounded corners control and it seems ok, except for 1 huge problem: My production website is running on a shared hosting server. I don't think my web hosting provider is going to allow me to install the DLL for the custom control, and without that DLL installed, I can't run the custom control.

I understand there are many CSS techniques out there but I've gone through a lot of them but they all don't seem to work for my situation.

My current app uses the Menu control to handle the mouseovers, and it works perfectly, except that I don't know how to make the corners round.

Is there anything out there that can achieve what I'm trying to do, but doesn't require me to install anything fancy on the web server?

Thanks in advance for the useful advice.