creating smil using xsl

sb1

Hi
I am new to both xsl and smil, but I am attempting to create a smil
presentation bases on an xml document, using xsl. I have searched on
google to see if i can find the answer to this problem, but perhaps I
am not searching correctly. Can anyone tell me how i can take the
text contained in my xml document, and output it to a region of my
smil presentation. As yet I have only been able to work out how to
output text using a .txt file, and passing in the source:

text src="../media/audio/intro.txt" id="intro" region="txt"/>

and this works fine, now i need to take some text from my xml file, I
am able to assign this text to an xsl variable, but am unable to
output it.
Regards,
Sarah