    other way to do it?

    Thanks
    Alex

    Alex, Nov 13, 2003

  2. "Alex" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    >
    > Is it possible to write an app that does not need to be installed before
    > running. I would like to create a CD autorun application for a product and
    > thought that it would be a nice little project to familiarize myself with
    > .Net. Having looked at the project options it appears that only C++ apps

    can
    > be created as unmanaged code. I would like to use vb.net or c#. Is there

    any
    > other way to do it?

    Not in any realistic manner. C# and VB.NET always compile to managed code,
    C++ using managed extensions is managed as well(atleast partially). This
    means the framework has to be installed on every system you want to run it
    on, that is really not very realistic.

    Daniel O'Connell, Nov 13, 2003

  3. Alex

    Alex Guest

    Does anyone know what the best language is to write a CD AutoRun
    application. If .Net is no good does that mean I will need to us VC++ v6

    Alex

    Alex, Nov 14, 2003
  4. "Alex" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know what the best language is to write a CD AutoRun
    > application. If .Net is no good does that mean I will need to us VC++ v6

    VC++ 7 without managed extensions will do, you don't have to jump back to
    VC++ 6. However any language that has a fair amount of out of the box
    support will do(which probably includes VB6).

    For the broadest support, VC++ 6 may be your best choice however, I don't
    really know how much changed in the VC++ 7 runtimes, if there are new
    runtimes, etc. Its not really my specialty

    Daniel O'Connell, Nov 14, 2003
  5. In article <>,
    says...
    > Does anyone know what the best language is to write a CD AutoRun
    > application. If .Net is no good does that mean I will need to us VC++ v6

    I would suggest English. Most of the programming languages assume
    English, anyway, so I'd stick with it.

    Guinness Mann, Nov 20, 2003
  6. Alex

    Angus Lepper Guest

    I believe if you mean running a program when the cd is inserted, then a file
    called autorun.ini works perectly well. :)

    Angus Lepper, Dec 12, 2003