    able to help.

    Regards,

    Eric Sasser
    Eric Sasser, Dec 3, 2003

  2. Eric Sasser

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 01:36:05 GMT, "Eric Sasser"
    <> wrote in comp.lang.c++:

    > I'm searching for anyone that has tried working with creating containersin
    > shared memory using the April 2003 article by Grum Ketema in C/C++
    > UserJournal.

    There is no such thing as shared memory defined or supported by the
    C++ language. This is a non-standard extension provided by your
    compiler/operating system combination.

    > I have a project up and running but am noticing that the time required to
    > parse a data file and store data to my containers is increasing with each
    > successive load. Will get into all the details if anyone thinks they may be
    > able to help.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Eric Sasser

    You need to ask this in a group that supports your compiler/OS
    combination. Not only is there no C++ language answer to issues with
    shared memory, the standard does not address speed issues at all.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com
    Jack Klein, Dec 3, 2003