Creating STL Containers in Shared Memory

Eric Sasser

I'm searching for anyone that has tried working with creating containersin
shared memory using the April 2003 article by Grum Ketema in C/C++
UserJournal.

I have a project up and running but am noticing that the time required to
parse a data file and store data to my containers is increasing with each
successive load. Will get into all the details if anyone thinks they may be
able to help.

Regards,

Eric Sasser

Jack Klein

I'm searching for anyone that has tried working with creating containersin
shared memory using the April 2003 article by Grum Ketema in C/C++
UserJournal.

There is no such thing as shared memory defined or supported by the
C++ language. This is a non-standard extension provided by your
compiler/operating system combination.
I have a project up and running but am noticing that the time required to
parse a data file and store data to my containers is increasing with each
successive load. Will get into all the details if anyone thinks they may be
able to help.

Regards,

Eric Sasser

You need to ask this in a group that supports your compiler/OS
combination. Not only is there no C++ language answer to issues with
shared memory, the standard does not address speed issues at all.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com