Creating Tabpanels from an XML file

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Cal Who, Jan 5, 2010.

  1. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    The ajaxToolkit Accordion has a DataSourceID which can be set equal to a
    XmlDataSource and a HeaderTemplate and a ContentTemplate that can get there
    data from the Xml data.

    Unfortiuonately, the ajaxToolkit TabContainer does not use that model. I
    would like to use an XML file to create the data TabPanels, with the
    HeaderText and the ContentTemplate data coming from the XML file. Much as
    the Accordian example below does it.

    I've Googled for sample code but can't find any.

    Can you point to some?

    Thanks

    PS Is that the kind of thing asp:Repeater is used for?

    <ajaxToolkit:Accordion ID="Accordion1" runat="server" FadeTransitions="true"
    FramesPerSecond="100" TransitionDuration="40"
    HeaderSelectedCssClass="SelectedHeader" CssClass="accordion"
    HeaderCssClass="header" ContentCssClass="content" RequireOpenedPane="false"
    DataSourceID="XmlDataSource1">

    <HeaderTemplate>

    <asp:Literal Mode="PassThrough" runat="server" Text='<%#XPath("Header")%>'
    />

    </HeaderTemplate>

    <ContentTemplate>

    <asp:Literal Mode="PassThrough" runat="server" Text='<%#XPath("Contents")%>'
    />

    </ContentTemplate>

    </ajaxToolkit:Accordion>

    Cal Who, Jan 5, 2010