    vhdl entity?

    thanl for help
    volker

    Volker, Nov 30, 2009

  2. Volker

    Vince Guest

    Volker a écrit:
    > hello,
    >
    > I'm looking for template for creating a vhdl testbench. On
    > www.vhdl-online.de there was a testbench generator, but this application is
    > down :-(
    > I want to create a testbench-template according to my entity. Not creating
    > the real testbench only the formal template. I know the altera quartus
    > testbench template or the xilinx version. But I want to do the template
    > creating by my own to addapt for my coding syle.
    > Has anybody a skrip (like tcl or similar) to do the template according the
    > vhdl entity?

    You can edit your VHDL with XEmacs (and the vhdl-mode). In XEmacs there is a
    copy/paste feature that allows you to copy an entity (or a component
    declaration) to another entity, to a component declaration, to a component
    instantiation, to a signal list and to a testbench.

    --
    Vince

    Vince, Nov 30, 2009

  3. Vince wrote:

    > You can edit your VHDL with XEmacs (and the vhdl-mode). In XEmacs there is a
    > copy/paste feature that allows you to copy an entity (or a component
    > declaration) to another entity, to a component declaration, to a component
    > instantiation, to a signal list and to a testbench.

    vhdl-mode does this very well for emacs or xemacs.
    It also supports templates to fill in the generic blanks.
    Easiest way to try this is on a recent linux distribution.
    Most have the latest vhdl-mode ready to go.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Nov 30, 2009