Creating Text File - how to write %> ??

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Rob Meade, Nov 2, 2003.

  1. Rob Meade

    Rob Meade Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to create an .asp file from an ASP...

    A small example could be like this...

    <%
    strConfigData = "<%"
    strConfigData = strConfigData & " Response.Write ""Hi there"""
    strConfigData = strConfigData & "%>"
    %>

    Now - the first 2 lines appear to be ok - however the 3rd line, where we
    have the %> my editor looks to be closing the ASP tags for the code
    above....

    Has anyone else run into this problem? It seems familiar to me, I think I
    came across this once before - and I *think* I resolved it by doing this for
    the last line :

    strConfigData = strConfigData & "% >"

    (ie, placing a space between them - but thats not a good enough answer!
    o) )

    Thanks for any help,

    Regards

    Rob

    Rob Meade, Nov 2, 2003

  2. Rob Meade

    Dan Brussee Guest

    Try using the ascii codes for the % sign.

    Dan Brussee, Nov 2, 2003

  3. Response.Write "%" & ">"

    http://www.aspfaq.com/2100

    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Nov 2, 2003
  4. Rob Meade

    Rob Meade Guest

    "Dan Brussee" wrote ...

    > Try using the ascii codes for the % sign.

    Hi Dan,

    Thanks for the reply, yep - thats what I worked out in the end - lol - so
    simple..!

    chr(37)

    Thanks

    Rob

    Rob Meade, Nov 2, 2003
  5. Rob Meade

    Rob Meade Guest

    "Aaron Bertrand [MVP]" wrote ...

    > Response.Write "%" & ">"
    >
    > http://www.aspfaq.com/2100

    Hi Aaron,

    OMG! Thats even easier! LOL - why is it always the REALLY simple things
    that are soooooo perplexing!

    Thanks - think I'll use that :eek:)

    Regards

    Rob